Tuesday 9 December 2014

Book-A-Day #9 | Book I Judged By Its Cover


If you missed yesterday's post, I'm going to be keeping up with Penguin's book-a-day (UK) this month. I think the whole concept is a pretty awesome idea; it encourages people to read, and gives you ideas on new things to pick up. Here is the post if you're interested!

So, background to this choice: as an avid reader, at 14 I thought this was something I should read. However, one glance at the front cover instantly made it seem like the dullest thing I'd ever picked up. This meant that the slow start (it's Austen - is there ever a quick one?!) completely put me off. This is the only book I've ever given up on entirely and not made an attempt to re-read at a later date. It also started a passionate hate-affair with Austen which still exists to this day. Having now read Mansfield Park I do not regret judging it by its cover - I don't want to have to go through one of those tedious tomes again!

What book have you judged by its cover? Did you regret it?

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment