Tuesday 2 January 2018

Review of 'When Dimple Met Rishi' by Sandhya Menon

Review of 'When Dimple Met Rishi' by Sandhya Menon

If you want a feel-good book to kick start your January, then this is your gal. When Dimple Met Rishi is funny and heartwarming and eye-opening and just incredible. I'm trying not to sound too much like one of those newspaper reviews, but oh my gosh it's hilariously delightful and will having you laughing and crying along with the characters. Okay, okay, I totally sound like one of those reviews now, but this is how the book makes me feel.

Dimple really wants to become more independent. Her parents are a little overbearing and she's more than thrilled when they finally let her go to a summer program for aspiring web developers. That is until she meets Rishi on her first day - and he thinks he's her future husband??? As it turns out, Dimple's parents really want an arranged marriage with the 'Ideal Indian Husband' aka Rishi, and that's why they let Dimple attend the same summer program that Rishi's at. After throwing her coffee all over him, Dimple is gutted that they've been paired to work together all summer long.

Rishi on the other hand is ... well confused. He dreams of finding the ideal wife and pleasing his parents. Up until the coffee incident, he thought that Dimple knew about the arrangement, and was happy with it too. He's lost all hope of finding a wife over the summer, but there's one small problem: he's in love with Dimple. 

Honestly this book is so  lovely to read. It's been a long time since I've read a YA romance that's been this genuine and realistic. I would love to read anything that Menon brings out in the future; her writing was incredible and I *think* I'm a little bit in love with Rishi.

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

1 comment:

  1. Hallo, Hallo Steph,

    As soon as I saw this was releasing, I had a feeling I'd love reading it myself. I had to wait for my library to get a copy of it - because I saw your review today, I decided to check the status of the inbound book to my library - guess what?! *happy news* They have it! And, I'm officially in queue! Go me!

    I love you put us into your reading experience and how this story left you emotionally centered on the characters' journey. I look forward to seeing where the story takes me once the book comes in!

    I'll drop back after I've read it too - I'll let you know my reactions!! Most likely I'll be blogging them as well! Til then, Happy New Year - hope you'll find lots of lovely stories like this to cart you away into their hearts!

    PS: Thankful we could reconnect on Twitter, today. I regret I've lost touch with your life and blog. I'm being more mindful of reconnecting with everyone this year.

    ReplyDelete