Monday 15 March 2021

Review of 'The Volunteers' by Raymond Williams

 

Review of 'The Volunteers' by Raymond Williams

I've put off writing this for a while because if I'm entirely honest I just didn't truly understand the book throughout. I lost track of exactly what was going on in parts, and really wish I'd read more about what the book was about before starting so that I had a better idea of the background of the author and plot.

The Volunteers is about an ex-radical turned journalist who investigates the shooting of a Welsh politician. The thrilling journey to discovering what happened leads Lewis Redfern to rethink his career and what he thought he knew about radical groups.

There were parts of the book I really enjoyed. It started off well, keeping my attention with the strike and shooting at the start, but as Redfern's investigation stretched on and got more and more complex I started to struggle to stay interested.

I gave this 2 stars, and would only really recommend if you're interested in reading hard left literature. 

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment