Sunday 13 June 2021

Review of 'Take a Hint, Dani Brown' by Talia Hibbert

 

Grey background with black text that reads: "People shouldn't be changed - but perhaps they should grow" - 'Take a Hint, Dani Brown' by Talia Hibbert

I read this straight after reading Get a Life, Chloe Brown, and I just didn't quite connect with Dani as much. I loved the Chloe Brown book, but felt like there was less of the family side of things in this one, which I really missed, and I just felt like I understood Chloe and could resonate with her a lot more.

Take a Hint, Dani Brown is another smutty romance from Talia Hibbert, this time about the tough witchy sister of the family. When Dani's friend Zaf asks her to fake date him to help get publicity for his charity work, Dani's up for it, especially as she doesn't do 'love' so knows there's no risk of that happening. But when Zaf starts to fall for her, Dani's stuck at a crossroads.

This was a cute romance, but I just didn't enjoy the smut in it. It felt a bit jarring with the rest of the narrative, and it's something I struggled with in the author's other book too. I loved Zaf's character: a Muslim man who loves reading romance books, who works on his trauma with a therapist, and who cares so deeply for Dani. It was really refreshing to see a male lead in a romance book with a proper backstory and layers to his personality, and if I'm honest I liked him much more than Dani as a character.

Follow me on Bloglovin Twitter Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment