Sunday 30 December 2018

Review of '13 Minutes' by Sarah Pinborough

Review of '13 Minutes' by Sarah Pinborough

I warned you all that these reviews would be coming in fast (mostly because I've actually counted up how behind I am and wow I have two days to not be). This book was kindly given to me by my friend Aimee over at Aimee Raindrop Writes because she knew how much I wanted to get my hands on it!

I've not read masses of YA fiction this year (something that'll be firmly on the agenda for 2019), and this was one I thoroughly enjoyed. Sarah Pinborough's an author that I'm firmly interested in getting to read more of, and I'll be trying to pick up a few of her adult thrillers too.

Everything in Becca's world is going swimmingly. That is, until her ex-best-friend Natasha is pulled from a river, having been dead for 13 minutes. No one knows how Natasha ended up there, especially as she's the most popular girl in the school. But, open waking in her hospital bed, she asks for Becca. Soon Becca's embroiled in a search for the truth of how Natasha ended up in the river, and there are some twists no one was expecting.

I read a book around this time last year with a fairly similar storyline, and I was so gutted as it meant that I guessed a few of the important twists and turns in the book. BUT, there were some things I really didn't see coming, and it was a thriller I couldn't put down. 

I'd recommend this if you're a fan of YA thriller fiction, as it is a great read that I loved getting through.

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment