Friday 28 December 2018

Review of 'Ink' by Alice Broadway

Review of 'Ink' by Alice Broadway

It's gotten to the part of the year where I need to start cramming all of the reviews that I'm way behind on into the next few days to try to start 2019 as on track as possible. New year, new me and all that jazz eh?

So here's the first instalment to the big run, and I hope you're as excited as I am! Even with this being a kindle read, the cover still had me blown away with how beautiful it was, and now all I need is this and the second in the trilogy, Spark, in a physical copy to look beautiful on my bookshelves. 

Ink tells the tale of Leora, a girl living in a world where everyone's life stories are told on their skins. For every significant life event, you get marked by an expert tattooist, and your tattoos are all created in the style of your personality. Leora's recently lost her father, and when his skin book (a collection of all the tattoos on his skin) is weighed to see whether he's been a good or bad person throughout his life, Leora discovers that a tattoo of his has been removed.

A crow is the sign of a traitor, and is used for only the most severe of crimes. Once you're marked, there's no going back, and you will be struck off the remembrance list once you've passed away. Leora's understanding of who she is and who her family are is turned upside down in a life that's already changing rapidly. It's down to Leora to see that her father gets remembered, and to find out the truth about whether his skin book is missing a little something. 

I loved this so much that I immediately downloaded the sequel, Spark, and I'm beyond excited for the third installment in the series to come out. You can bet it'll be making its way right onto my kindle. I've never read anything with a similar idea, and I love/am terrified by the idea that people could see everything about you on your skin. This is a fantasy world that I am so intrigued by and I'll be sharing my review of Spark soon!

Have you read Ink? Did you enjoy it?

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment