Monday 31 December 2018

Review of 'Everything Everything' by Nicola Yoon

Review of 'Everything Everything' by Nicola Yoon

Happy New Year everyone! I've spent some time attempting (help) to start catching up on these reviews tonight, so here I am, post-midnight trying to scramble some thoughts together. We're onto our fourth review of the big bunch now and I'm starting to get to grips with sorting these all out.

Everything Everything is something I just *had* to read as soon as I saw the movie trailer come out. The film looked incredible, but I'm less sad I didn't see it now that I've read the book ...

Madeline's got a disease that makes her allergic to, well, pretty much everything. Forced to stay inside a home with filtered air, and seeing only her mother and her nurse Carla, Maddie's mostly content with her life. Until Olly moves in next door. With his dark, brooding looks, Maddie's drawn to him, and connecting over IM only brings them closer. The problem is that Olly (and Maddie) wants more, but they can't have it. As their lives intertwine, they begin to realise that maybe everything's not what they thought ...

I'm honestly excited to see what Nicola Yoon brings out next, as although I didn't deeply enjoy this, it is her debut novel. I loved the idea of the story, but I felt as though there were flaws in it (pointing these out will totally spoiler the book, but there were definitely some holes that made everything a little sketchy). I really wanted to not be right when I thought I guessed the ending, because it just seemed so unbelievable, but I was disappointed there too. 

As YA books goes, I think this was bordering on teen fiction. Whilst there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just felt a little too old for it. I'd recommend this for teen fiction rather than YA fans.

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment