Monday 31 December 2018

Review of 'The Chalk Pit' by Elly Griffiths

Review of 'The Chalk Pit' by Elly Griffiths

And we're here: the last book review of 2018. What a year it's been eh? I've challenged myself to read more than ever and I have absolutely LOVED it. I'll be doing a big post of my Goodreads roundup (the good, the bad and the ugly) over on my main blog www.nourishmeblog.co.uk, but I've now read 58 books in the year(!), and I've got a whole lot of reviews coming your way asap.

After finding boiled bones in an underground cave in Norwich, Dr Ruth Galloway is called in to investigate. Discovering that they might not be as ancient as originally thought, the local police are on the case, which may not be anywhere near as simple as you'd hope. Local homeless people are going missing, and after one turns up murdered on the door of the police station, the force must take action. 

With rumours that homeless people are going 'underground', both Ruth and DI Harry Nelson start to formulate their own theories on what's going on. But will they reach the right conclusion before yet another person is hurt?

In all honesty, this wasn't a great read for me. Maybe it's because I'm not a massive crime thriller fan, but I found that the whole book dragged a lot. I found myself having to force myself to pick the book up to read and it was really a challenge to finish the whole thing. I also struggled to keep up with the characters, and who was who, which I don't find myself doing very often, and I definitely felt it could be a lot clearer. 

All in all I couldn't recommend this, and I'm not sure if I'll try another read from the same author, although I've heard good things from other book bloggers! 

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment