Wednesday 25 November 2020

Review of 'Always and Forever, Lara Jean' by Jenny Han

 

Review of 'Always and Forever, Lara Jean' by Jenny Han

Ah, the final instalment in the TATBILB series. This was a great ending to the trilogy, and I'm hoping the author never gets pressured into adding a little something extra to it because this was really rounded off well. I felt like this was the book where Lara Jean developed the most as a person and we left her ready to embark upon adulthood.

Always and Forever, Lara Jean follows LJ through her last year of high school. She's got a class trip to New York on the cards, prom, college applications and her relationship with Peter's getting more serious. Lara Jean pins her hopes on one college in particular and has her whole future mapped out, but when things don't *quite* go to plan, LJ's forced to reconsider everything.

I felt a bit more like we got to understand more of Lara Jean in this book. There was a bigger focus on what was happening with her family in this one, and I loved that aspect. However a lot of it I struggled with. LJ put SUCH a focus on making sure her and Peter's relationship was her number one priority in terms of her decisions about college and no one really tells her to make sure she's making the best decisions for herself outside of the relationship. Maybe I've turned into a bitter old crone who cries 'don't throw your education away for a high school relationship', but I'm glad Lara did take *some* other factors into consideration too. 

I felt like both Lara Jean and Peter showed their immaturity in this one and I really struggled to stay on board with their relationship. Although couple fight and misunderstand each other, it doesn't always make you wonder what there *is* in the relationship and ask where the love/passion is. I just felt like I couldn't believe in their relationship, and so I struggled with it.

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment