Monday 16 November 2020

Review of 'A Court of Wings and Ruin' by Sarah J Maas

 

Grey sparkly background with black writing that reads: 'It takes a rare person to face who they are and not run from it - not be broken by it' - "A Court of Wings and Ruin" by Sarah J Maas

This series is my favourite I've read in a LONG time, and this third book in it was another great one. It really felt like a lot of the plot strands finally came together, and we got to know so much more about characters I've been intrigued by.

We start with Feyre at Tamlin's, trying to plot against him in secret whilst her family is in tatters back in the Night Court. She's determined to make her way back to Rhys and her sisters so that they can hatch a plan to not only enact revenge against Tamlin but more importantly to use her new-found powers against the evil spreading across the realm. The courts are threatened by war: King Hybern's on a mission to become even more powerful and the seven High Lords need to unite to have a chance at winning against him. 

I really enjoyed the drama of this one. I'm trying not to give any spoilers away for this book, but I loved the battle scenes (honestly if they made this into a TV show with a big budget I really think it could be more popular than Game of Thrones). I'm always a fan of a good back story, and the snippets that built up throughout this about Cassian, Amren, Azriel and Mor's earlier lives made them much more 3D characters, and each felt like they came into the forefront of the narrative at different points. 

The last fifty pages or so of this had me WEEPING and then happy and then crying all over again - no one puts my feelings through the ringer like Sarah J Maas does and everything reached a complete pitch towards the end of this book. As always, everything was written so beautifully and the world building was something I totally adored.

This was a 5 star read for me, and it's made me so excited for the upcoming book in the series.

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment