Saturday 30 January 2021

Review of 'Dash and Lily's Book of Dares' by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

 

Grey background with black writing that reads: "The important people in our lives leave imprints. They may stay or go in the physical realm, but they are always there in your heart" - 'Dash and Lily's Book of Dares' by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

I read The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily before this, which I now know is not the right order, but I loved the characters in that, so it led me on the right path at least. Every December I try to read a couple of festive books and this was a perfect one. I'm of course now VERY excited to watch the series on Netflix. 

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares is told from two perspectives: Dash and Lily. When Dash finds a mysterious notebook in a book store with a set of instructions a long game of dares ensues. Lily's brother created the notebook game to give Lily something to do over the Christmas holidays whilst their parents are away, and both her and Dash get totally absorbed in knowing and yet not actually knowing who each other are. 

This was quite a short read, which make it ideal in the lead up to the busy festive period. It was an easy one to dip in and out of, and I loved keeping up with the antics of the pair. Each author wrote a character, which made the characters' voices very distinct. The romance was fun, there were trials for the pair and a whole host of great secondary characters that really added to the storyline. There were a few parts where I found the narrative slowed down a little, which I hoped wouldn't happen in such a short book, but overall I did enjoy it.

I gave this 3 stars and would recommend it as a festive read if you're a YA fan. 

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment